Missouri State Penitentiary Guest Expectations:
As always, our priority at the Missouri State Penitentiary is the health and safety of our visitors and staff. Please review our health and safety protocols before visiting to see what you can expect during your visit.
Health and Safety Protocols
- All Missouri State Penitentiary staff have been given face coverings to wear while at work.
- Guests are highly encouraged to wear face coverings while in the MSP buildings.
- Our employees are educated on procedures and monitoring their health.
- If you have recently been exposed to a COVID-19 positive person, are experiencing related symptoms such as a fever, coughing, sneezing, etc., or have an underlying health condition, please reschedule your tour for a later date.
- Vigorous disinfection and sanitation procedures are in place and MSP staff will be conducting cleanings throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available for the use of our staff and guests throughout the property.
Capacity Control – Limited Tour Groups
- The MSP tour capacity has been reduced to allow for social distancing procedures.
- The MSP gift shop capacity will be limited to five visitors at a time.
- The MSP museum capacity has been reduced to ten guests at a time.
- Maintain more than 6 ft. of distance with anyone outside of your household.
- While waiting in the ticketing queue, stand on the markers that have been placed to indicate proper physical distancing.
Reduced Contact Options Available to Our Guests
- Guests are strongly encouraged to purchase their tour tickets in advance.
- Print and sign your tour waiver to reduce check-in contact.